|Developer: Bandai Namco Studios|
|Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment|
|Producer: Katsuhiro Harada|
|Platform: PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|Release date: TBA|
|Mode: Single-player, Multiplayer, Online|
Tekken X Street Fighter (鉄拳 X ストリートファイター Tekken kurosu Sutorīto Faitā?, lit. Iron Fist X Street Fighter) is a 3D fighting game developed and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The game, which is currently on hold until further notice, is one of a pair of games, with the other being Street Fighter X Tekken, which was developed by Capcom.
The game will feature characters from both franchises, with "Street Fighter characters receiving a Tekken visual makeover while keeping their fighting style and special moves fully intact". Unlike the Capcom version, no gameplay has been shown yet. However, a few characters have been revealed. The gameplay of Tekken X Street Fighter will feature the same 3D fighting game engine of the Tekken franchise, as opposed to Street Fighter X Tekken, which featured the 2D-style gameplay of Super Street Fighter IV.
- Evil Ryu
- Chun-Li (confirmed to be in the game due to concept art Harada put out on his Twitter account).
Unconfirmed characters and cameosEdit
- Jun Kazama (Ono stated that he wanted her in his version of the game)
- Lili de Rochefort (there is an edited picture of her and Ingrid on Harada's Tekken Twitter account)
- Ingrid (there is an edited picture of her and Lili on Harada's Tekken Twitter account)
Tekken X Street Fighter was announced on July 24, 2010 at the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con along with the Capcom-produced Street Fighter X Tekken. Ryu and Jin Kazama appear on the game's promotional poster (shadowed by their alter-egos Evil Ryu and Devil Jin respectively). It was still in its early stages of development and no images or videos were released at the 2010 Comic-Con. Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada did reveal some concepts at Gamescom 2010, such as a prototype model of Ryu with the gi of Tekken's Paul Phoenix. He said the team had yet to finish the model, as details and lighting were not completed.
There was a official poll on Facebook posted on March 4, 2012 where people could vote for which Tekken or Street Fighter characters they would like in the game. There were fifty-five Tekken characters and sixty-six Street Fighter characters to choose from, and fans were able to choose five of their favorites from each series. On March 7, Katsuhiro Harada clarified that the poll would not decide the final roster, but would instead be used in conjunction with various research methods to determine the character lineup. In April 2012, Harada stated that the game was about 10% complete.
At the 2014 San Diego Comic Con International, Harada revealed that the game is still in development; the reason for the scarce information is due to Bandai Namco waiting for the opportunity to market it.
On July 2015, Harada stated that development has come far along. On December 12 the same year, Akuma was revealed as a guest character in Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, thought no statement was made as to whether this was an indicator of the crossover title's status, his appearance gives a potential idea of how the Street Fighter characters will work in Tekken X Street Fighter.
In April 2016, Harada stated that the game was officially on hold due to the release of Street Fighter V and the then upcoming console release of Tekken 7; the developers didn't want to split the communities. Additionally, the character roster is finished and was decided a very long time ago.
- Main article: Tekken X Street Fighter Videos
- Main article: Tekken X Street Fighter Screenshots
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tekken-x-street-fighter-no-longer-in-active-develo/1100-6438976/
- ↑ http://kotaku.com/5616629/an-early-look-at-tekken-x-street-fighter
- ↑ http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g8ptob
- ↑ http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/katsuhiro-hirada-talks-tekken-tag-tournament-2-7656968.html
- ↑ http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2014/7/25/san-diego-comic-con-tekken-7-panel-archive-summary.html
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/12/tekken-x-street-fighter-is-well-into-development-says-harada/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5nxtsmZW2s
External Links Edit
- Tekkenpedia article (archive)